Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summertime Grilled Chicken & Veggie Bowls


This is one of my favorite summer go-to dinner dishes! It's so easy (and so delicious) - and it's full of healthy ingredients! We always make about 4 chicken breasts when we make this meal - it leaves us with plenty of leftovers for lunches for the remainder of the week :) If you know me, I'm not a huge leftover fan; however - I took these leftovers for lunch twice the week we had these, and they were just as great as they were on the day we grilled them! I will definitely be using this recipe for future lunch ideas when doing our meal preps for the work week.

Ingredients
- Chicken Breasts (4)
- McCormick Marinade Packet (optional)
- Bell Peppers
- Onion
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Brown Rice

Tools
- Grill basket (if you don't have one, use tin foil!)

Before grilling, I love to marinate our chicken. I enjoy using the McCormick Marinade Packets (so good!) and they are always on sale (you can usually get them for B1GO or when they are individually on sale, you can grab them for 99 cents each - sometimes less). Our new favorite flavor for their marinade packets is Smoky Applewood. I typically marinate our chicken overnight for the best flavor.

Next, simply slice your peppers and onion. I usually use 4 bell peppers. Fun fact - I recently read an article that reported that red, yellow and orange bell peppers have substantially more vitamins than green peppers do.

Once your ingredients are prepped, you're ready to grill! For the veggies, we usually mix them all together in a grill basket and add a few drizzles of Italian Salad Dressing on top. Since I already packed the majority of our kitchen for our move (and accidentally packed both of our grill baskets) - I simply made two pockets from tinfoil, and placed the peppers/onion/Italian salad dressing mixture in them to grill. It worked just as well!

Once your chicken and veggies are on the grill - I typically start the rice and it's usually done at the same time the chicken and veggies finish on the grill. This time, I added steamed broccoli to our veggie mix and it was delicious! I usually drizzle a little more Italian Salad Dressing on my bowl when it's all done.

That's it! It truly is so easy, and so delicious! Can't wait to share more of my favorite summer recipes once things with our move slow down - we're almost there!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment