Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is one of my favorite appetizers! (And one that I'm frequently asked to bring to get-togethers because people love it so much!) It's extremely easy and when serving it at a party, I like to keep it in a mini crockpot so that it stays warm throughout the entire party. I like to serve the dip with tortilla chips, pretzel snaps and celery sticks.


Ingredients:

- 4 cans of cooked chicken
- 2 packages of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 cup of Ranch Salad Dressing
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
(I like to use Pepper Jack or Mozzarella cheese)

Directions:

In a large pan on the stove, continue to soften the cream cheese, 
consistently stirring the cream cheese in your pan on low heat.

Once your cream cheese has softened completely, add in your chicken. (For this recipe, I used canned chicken that I had stocked up on for extremely cheap at the Amish market by my parent's house. Usually, I like to bake a few chicken breasts and shred them to use in the dip instead). Continue to stir the dip so that your cream cheese doesn't burn on the bottom of the pan.

Add in the Frank's Hot Sauce and the Ranch Dressing and continue to stir.

Continuing on low heat, stir for approximately five minutes folding in the shredded cheese until it's melted into the dip.

That's it! It's really that easy! 



Like I said above, I like to serve the dip with tortilla chips, 
pretzel snaps and/or celery sticks. 
Hope that you enjoy! :)

1 comment: