Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Crock Pot Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs

This recipe was so easy and was delicious! I made it on Sunday while finishing up laundry and doing some cleaning around the house - it reminded me of how much I love using the crockpot (and that I need to get back on the crockpot train!)

Ingredients:


- Mozzarella Cheese, cubed into pieces
(Tip: Use Mozzarella String Cheese!) 
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 2 jars of Spaghetti Sauce

Directions:

Combine all ingredients (except for the mozzarella cheese) in a large bowl. Cover the bottom of the crockpot with one jar of spaghetti sauce.


Take a small handful of the mixture, and place a mozzarella cheese cube in the center.


Roll into a meatball.


As you form the meatballs, place on the bottom of the crockpot. When you cover the bottom of the crockpot with meatballs, pour half a jar of spaghetti sauce over the meatballs, and begin placing another row of meatballs on top of the first layer. 



When you're done rolling all of your meatballs, cover the last layer with the remaining jar of spaghetti sauce.


Cook on high for 2.5 hours.


They were delicious and your kitchen will smell amazing! 
They were husband and in-law approved :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks so easy that I want to try it. One question. I want the most flavor from the ground beef so I don't buy lean. Which ground beef to you recommend for the best flavor?
    By the way, one of the best meatballs I ever had were from Pastore's Italian Delly in Townson area. They didn't have cheese in the middle of it and I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete