Friday, October 23, 2015

Nursery - Stage 3 (Painting Project)

While having trouble getting comfortable to sleep this past weekend, I gave up and decided to get a head start on some of the decorations that I've been waiting to paint for months! :) I've always wanted the theme of the nursery to be light gray and white (I love brighter nurseries!) If we were having a girl, we planned to add pops of lavender, and a boy, pops of teal. When we found out that we were expecting a little boy - I couldn't wait to start thinking of different decor ideas for the light gray/white/teal colored nursery :)

I knew that I wanted decor that wouldn't be too baby-like, so that as the baby got older, we wouldn't have to completely re-do their room and would only have to update certain parts. Some of the earlier decor items that I bought to paint teal were:

These arrows that I found from Jane - They were around $15 when I purchased them back in June.


His name in cursive that I found from Jane - It was about $10 when I purchased it back in July.


A small wooden chalkboard from Michaels to use for his monthly pictures - $2.99.


I wanted to wait to start painting until the nursery was painted and furniture was in - as these were the lower items on my to-do list, priority wise. Now that the furniture is here and nursery is painted - I was excited to get started!

Here are the 'after' photos! :) We're going to wait until after my next shower in a couple of weeks, to start hanging everything and putting out the other decor items that we've collected or received as gifts so far.




Next up on my decorating list is re-painting a hand-me-down stool (thank you Kristen & Greg!) to put next to our glider to use as a little side table. Other pops of teal will come from picture frames, a lamp, Bennett's bedding with matching curtains, etc. I can't wait to be able to share our progress! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment