Thursday, October 29, 2015

DIY Nursery Project: Closet Dividers/Tags

Now that Bennett has a full functioning closet (yay!) - I wanted to make little DIY closet dividers to organize and separate his clothes by size. You can definitely buy the plastic dividers that are already done for you, for this - however; I thought it'd be fun to try a new project and add some color to the closet!

To start, I pinned different ideas on Pinterest and originally wanted to create something like this:



But then I found something much simpler that didn't involve cutting through wood (and that was much cheaper) to try, that I liked just as much. And it'd be much easier to make, which now at 33 weeks pregnant, I'm all about!

To start, I used a blank template from a blog that I found while browsing Pinterest, and pasted the blank picture/template of the tag into Microsoft Publisher. From there, I added circles (to cut out for where I'd tie the ribbon) and added text boxes to indicate the different sizes that I wanted to separate in the hanging area of the closet. Here is one of the pages that shows what I created in Publisher:


Once I was finished designing the tags with all of the sizes I wanted to include, I printed them, cut them and glued them on teal paper. I also cut out the circles with an exacto knife. 


Final touch was to tie the white ribbon through the holes on the dividers and tie them to the hanging rods in the closet! (A plus for using ribbon is that you can easily add, remove or move around the tags as needed). 



That's it! It took maybe 30 minutes to do from start to finish and I love the way they turned out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment