Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My new obsession - Alex & Ani Bangles

My new obsession....


Bangle Bracelets from Alex & Ani!

I have my Mom and Sister to blame for this obsession (as they were the original ones that turned me on to these amazing, American-made bracelets).

Before two weeks ago, I had no idea what they were. Boy, was I missing out! I'm a huge fan of bracelets, and bracelets that you can pair together - 
so these definitely struck my interest (once I knew what they were!)

Mom had come home with two little boxes when I was home a couple of weekends ago for a friend's wedding - one for Madison and one for me. She gave us each the "Daughter" bracelet. It was so dainty and simple (which I love), 
and the meaning behind it was so special. 

I learned that each bracelet from Alex & Ani has a meaning and a special story behind it. It was my first Alex & Ani bracelet and I was so pumped to show it off! (I was surprised to find out that apparently everyone had already known what they were except for me) Haha!


Lucky for me, I just had a birthday. For my birthday, I ended up getting completely surprised by numerous people, with more awesome Alex & Ani bracelets - 
each with their own special meaning.

My parents gave me the birthstone bracelet for my birthday, with the pink dangle gem. I love the pop of color that it adds to the other bracelets, 
and I think of my parents each time I see it!


My sister had sent me a package for my birthday that included the penguin bracelet and the sister bracelet. Not only do these bracelets come with little cards that explain the special meaning behind the bracelets - which for me, usually make me cry - but the company also donates to certain charities or organizations for certain bracelets that are purchased. 


Madison knew that my favorite animal is a penguin. For all sales of the penguin bracelet, Alex & Ani donates proceeds (minimum of $25,000) to the Association of Zoo & Aquariums, a non-profit dedicated to the advancement of zoos and aquariums in the areas of wildlife conservation and science education. How awesome? A cute bracelet, with my favorite animal, AND a portion of the proceeds go to an amazing organization?

One of my best friends Ashley gave me the the Tree of Life bangle. This bracelet represents strong roots, consistent growth and fruition. I absolutely love it!


One of my bosses in Atlanta also surprised me with an Alex & Ani bracelet in the mail for the completion of a huge project that I just finished at work. She gave me the gold New Beginnings bangle. This one has an 8-sided sun that represents the universal law that life's outcomes are a reflection of your efforts. It encompasses opportunity, positivity, energy and encompasses new beginnings. Another cool thing about this bracelet, is that again, proceeds from the sale of this particular bracelet (with a minimum donation of $25,000) go to the ONE campaign, a global campaigning and advocacy organization of more than 3.5 million people taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.


Before any of these bracelets were given to me (other than my mom's original "Daughter" bracelet), Eric had asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Since we will be vacationing in Jamaica soon, we decided that we'd do something special there. He wanted to get me something on my actual birthday and he decided to get me an Alex & Ani bracelet (since I had been so excited for the bracelet that Mom had given me the weekend before). Keep in mind - this was before I had received any of my other bracelets 
(that I obviously had no idea about). 

Eric gave me this awesome "J" initial bracelet:


And from Tucker, Eric gave me this Paw Prints charm. Another awesome fact - proceeds from the sale of this bracelet (again, with a minimum donation of $25,000), go to the Mayor's Alliance for NYC animals that focuses on supporting, healing and finding caring homes for dogs and cats. 


And that makes my collection thus far! 8 totally different, amazing bracelets that I love to pair together and love to remember all of the amazing people that gave them to me, along with the special messages and meanings behind each of them. 


Here are some fun pairings found on their website - I love the way they look together!


No comments:

Post a Comment