Sunday, October 12, 2014

Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe



One of my (many) favorite things about fall is crock pot cooking! I have a few recipes already that I can't wait to try - lots of soups and stews! I love coming home to a house that smells amazing from whatever yummy goodness has 
been cooking for hours in the crock pot! 

While I was scrolling through Pinterest on one of my morning commutes to work (don't panic, I take the train), I came across a recipe using a whole chicken, that seemed extremely easy. I was a little hesitant at first because I thought it was too good to be true, but I'm so happy that we tried it! It was by far the easiest meal to make, and was delicious! The meat literally fell off the bone.

Another plus about this recipe - I usually buy whole chickens when they are on sale for 99 cents/pound, so not only are they cheap, but you can make many meals (and can make so many different dishes) out of one whole chicken. We're looking forward to trying this recipe with other seasonings and marinades this fall!

Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe

The only two ingredients you'll need are a whole chicken (approx. 5 pounds) and the seasonings/spices that you wish to use.

Unwrap the chicken and remove any internal organs from the inside of the chicken.

Rinse the chicken with water. 

Use Pam or another cooking spray to spray the bottom of the crock pot.

Place the chicken in the crockpot.

Season with desired spices.


Set the crockpot for 4 hours on high. You will want to use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken is throughly cooked before removing.




When the chicken is finished, you're ready to slice and serve! We used Cajun and Old Bay Seasonings for ours this week - the meat was practically falling off the bone and was so juicy! We sliced the chicken to use for meals throughout the week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment