Sunday, September 9, 2018

$1 Paint Sample Matching Activity

You read that correctly! This activity cost me $1 to make! We've been looking for different activities for Bennett that are great to use either in the car or on a rainy day when we're stuck inside. I saw this activity on Pinterest, and it was extremely easy to make.


The only items I needed to grab that I didn't already have were the paint sample sheets and the clothespins. We picked up the paint sample sheets when we were already at Home Depot. (Funny story - Kennedy chewed through the first orange sample we had while we were picking out our new stove top and I didn't even notice [I swear I do pay attention to my children, lol], so I had to swing back around after we checked out to pick up another!) The clothespins I picked up from the dollar store one afternoon while Bennett and I were running errands.


Materials Needed:
- Paint Sample Sheets
- Clothes Pins
- Hot Glue Gun + Glue (You can use other glue, Bennett is tough on his things, so hot glue for us is the most durable to use!)
- Scissors (and I used a paper cutter too)


First, start by cutting one long end of the paint sample sheet off, as shown here.

Next, you'll want to cut the smaller section that you just cut off, into smaller pieces so that each individual shade has it's own rectangle (this is the piece we'll be gluing on the clothes pins).


Once all have been cut, you're ready to hot glue the pieces on each of the clothespins! Place a small dab of glue on the end of the clothespin, and place your colored rectangle.





And..... you're done! It's literally that easy. Both kids took long naps today, and I was able to finally sit down to make these - it took about 10 minutes (the longest part was the cutting).


This activity is great for all ages - it's still too early for Bennett to match each of the shades well, so for now, we're having him put the clothespins on the correct color sheet in general, like shown below.


No comments:

Post a Comment