Thursday, October 10, 2019

Back! (After Some Time Off) :)

Wow! It's been over a year since my last blog post!

To those new to this page - welcome! I started this blog in 2014, and as you can see by my post history, the # of posts I've published has drastically dropped since adding not just one little but two littles to our family! (Because you know, busy mom life!)

Blogging was always something that I enjoyed, but I really started loving it because it provided me with a way to document the recipes, house projects, crafts, etc. that I liked, and that I could easily search for and access again when needed. (I actually do this a lot and use my search function - especially to track down recipes that I've previously shared).

So a little more/a quick refresher on me now that it's Fall of 2019:

I'm Brooke! I'm a mom to two littles who keep me extremely busy - a 3 year old little man and a 1 year old little lady. There's nothing else like mom life, and nothing that I love doing more. We also have a 6 year old Labradoodle. I've been married for 6 years, and my husband and I enjoy doing home projects to an older home we bought a few years ago in an area that we enjoy (of course when time and funds permit us to do so) :) I work full time as a human resources professional in DC, and enjoy the work that I do. I'm hoping to pick up blogging again and to be able to dedicate more time to things that I enjoy, in addition to picking up things that have kind of fallen off the radar when life got busy! Having an outlet that makes you feel like you can be somewhat creative (where this blog comes into play!) can definitely help you feel sane when you have such a busy lifestyle and so much going on!

It's also fun to see how things change over the years as we enter new stages of our life.  As mentioned, when I started this blog in 2014 - a lot of my posts were about recipes and DIY crafts. After we started adding babies in to the mix in late 2015 and again in early 2018, it's funny to see how those kinds of posts became less and less, and more kid-focused crafts, along with home projects, started to appear :) I'm sure more of my posts in the future will mirror this trend, with additional mom related topics too!

So welcome! My hope is that I'm able to share content that other mommas/parents/friends can relate to and enjoy reading about. And that I reclaim some of the joy of blogging that I liked when I spent more time dedicated to doing posts! I promise to keep it real - as always, and look forward to hopefully being able to share things that will be beneficial to others that may also be experiencing similar things!

No comments:

Post a Comment