Saturday, January 4, 2020

Air Fryer: Brussels Sprouts


Eric & I were gifted our air fryer (I want to say) last year for Christmas - and honestly, it sat in our basement for probably 6 months before we even tried it because we just didn't want to fuss yet with figuring out how to use it, clean it, etc - and before you knew it - 6 months went by! Once we started using it, we haven't stopped - we love it!! We typically do wings in the air fryer (so easy and so delicious - I'll post a recipe soon that we follow, and we also make our own wing sauce).

This year - I really want to try out new foods in the air fryer because I've seen so many people post pictures of something they've tried and it looks delicious! Our first non-wing dish was brussels sprouts, and they were so good (and so easy).

Here's what we did:


Ingredients:

- 1 lb of brussels sprouts
- Olive oil (When doing any veggies - I love to use my Tuscan Herb oil because it gives it so much more flavor. And side note - if any local friends want a bottle, I have a case just sitting here - just let me know! It lasts so long for as often as we use it. My aunt carries it in her farm market) :)
- Seasoning of choice - Salt & Pepper works just fine! (We love Costco's Organic No-Salt Seasoning. It's a blend of 21 spices, and it's so good. We use this too whenever we're roasting veggies or baking chicken)
- Hot sauce (optional)

Directions:

Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.

Wash and cut your brussels sprouts. I cut mine in half, but when doing it next time, i'll quarter them so that they're a little more crispy. You decide :) Or do some in half, some quartered - and you can decide for yourself once they're done!


Toss your brussels sprouts with oil and your seasoning of choice.


Once your air fryer is preheated, dump in your brussels sprouts and cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket half way through to mix them up.


Here is our final product! (We ate them for dinner that night and lunches for the next couple of days -- we topped them with hot sauce for our lunches and they were so good! Next time I want to try a blend where we add the hot sauce in from the beginning!)


Send me some of your favorite air fryer recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment