Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto & Cheese

I made this recipe last year with my girlfriend, Alison and we loved it! 
I came across the recipe again a couple of weekends ago while browsing through my recipe box, and wanted to make it again when I had time later in the week. It's delicious! 

This recipe was from Skinny Taste. I love their website - they have so many recipes to choose from and they're all primarily healthy! 

An added bonus - it gives you the nutritional breakdown for each recipe as well! :)

Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto & Cheese

Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 chicken • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 168.6 • Fat: 6.4 g • Protein: 22.1 g • Carb: 4.6 g • Fiber: 0.7 g  Sugar: 0.0 g

Ingredients:

8 thin chicken cutlets
4 slices of thin prosciutto, sliced in half
4 slices of provolone cheese, sliced in half
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 lemon (juice)
1 tbsp of olive oil
1/4 onion, sliced
fresh pepper

Wash and dry your chicken pieces well. I had mini chicken cutlets (smaller than normal size) in the freezer and used those instead - so I had 11 smaller rolls in total (instead of 8 per the recipe). Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in one bowl, and the lemon juice, olive oil and pepper in another bowl. I cut the prosciutto and cheese into halves, and sliced the onion so that all of my ingredients were ready for my rolls.


Once everything is prepped, you're ready to begin!

Start by dipping your chicken cutlet in the lemon juice/olive oil/pepper mixture.


Next, roll the cutlet in the breadcrumbs/parmesan cheese mixture.


I repeated these steps until all of my cutlets were coated and breaded. 




Once you have all of the cutlets ready, you're ready to begin your "rolling". Start by laying a piece flat, and place the small piece of cheese, prosciutto and a few onion slices on one end of the chicken.



Because my cutlets were smaller than normal, I had to fold mine in half, instead of rolling them like the recipe calls for with regular sized cutlets. 


Once you're finished rolling your cutlets, place them in a greased oven dish.


Sprinkle the tops of the rolls with any left over lemon/olive oil/pepper juice and sprinkle some of the remaining breadcrumbs and cheese on top.


Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees, and serve immediately.


Delicious! :)

1 comment: