Thursday, December 18, 2014

Favado App - Comparing Prices & Saving Money for Free!

You know that I'm always up for saving money, saving time, great sales and planning ahead!

I always compare the weekly store circulars when planning our weekly meals and grocery shopping lists, while also planning which coupons I can use too. I came across this app earlier this week and I'm so excited to try it out this week to prep for my weekend grocery shopping trip! I wanted to give everyone a preview because if you're like me and compare weekly circulars, and research which coupons are available to use - this App will save you so much time and more, as they've done all the work for you! :)

To start off, download the free app "Favado".


Once you've downloaded the app, you have a ton of things to do - set your favorite stores, favorite items, etc. You can browse the sales, make your shopping list, store coupons, etc. You can also sign up for email alerts when certain products are on sale. Here's what the main menu looks like.


When in the sales menu, you can browse a ton of different options to narrow down your product search. At the top, you can see the top 4 grocery stores that I selected - Giant, Harris Teeter, Safeway and Wegmans. I also have a few other favorites selected, but this will narrow it down for my groceries. Also - you can see that it will list the Top 10 products at the moment, Your favorited items, or you can select to view all of the sales that are posted.


If I was looking for Campbell's Cooking Creams (like the Cream of Mushroom soup that I use for my roasts in the crock pot) you can see it listed below for 80 cents. The red paperclip means that there are coupons available for this item.


Once you click on the item, the app will show you the sale price, and will list any possible coupons that you could use at the time for this product. Right now, there's a printable coupon (with the link for you to access and print that coupon). The price at the bottom (60 cents) shows you what you'd be paying if you used any and all possible coupons. How awesome is that? If the coupon isn't printable, it will indicate where the coupon is or in which circular to find it.


And that's it! Easy as that and the app is completely free. I like that you can set your favorite stores and items so that you don't have to waste time browsing through the different categories. Although - when you have time, it's definitely helpful to see what else is out there and on sale! :)

Happy shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment