Sunday, December 14, 2014

Grilled Steak & Chicken Cubes & Grilled Veggies Over Rice

I'm all about easy dinner options. This is one of my favorite things to make on the grill because it's so easy to prepare and once it's prepared, you literally throw it on the grill (and it cooks so fast!) We had all of the ingredients, so there was no need for additional items on my weekly grocery list :)


Ingredients:
- 2 Chicken Breasts (that I cut into cubes)
- Steak Cubes
- Bell Peppers
- Onions
- Rice
- Optional: Marinade for your chicken & steak 
(I used a McCormick Chipotle Pepper Marinade Packet)
- Desired Seasonings
  1. If using marinade, follow the directions on the marinade packet to make the marinade. (You don't have to marinate your meats - but I love the extra flavor and spice it gives the dish).
  2. Put your steak cubes in one bag with marinade, and your chicken cubes in another bag with marinade. I did this in the morning and let them marinate in the refrigerator all day until we ate dinner at night.
  3. Cut up the veggies that you'd like to put in your rice. For this dish, I love using bell peppers and onions. 
  4. When you're ready to grill - pull everything out and place them in grilling baskets on the grill (meat in one basket, veggies in the other). If you don't have grilling baskets - you can wrap them in tin foil. Season your veggies with your desired spices.
  5. While the meat and veggies are on the grill, you can cook your rice on the stovetop or in the microwave. We used Eric's favorite jasmine rice - so yummy!
  6. When everything is done, simply mix everything together, add your favorite sauce and you're done! I like to use Worcestershire sauce, and Eric used Frank's Hot Sauce. (You can also use teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, etc.)

I love reading up on everyone's favorite easy meals and dishes - keep the ideas coming! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment