Sunday, December 7, 2014

DIY Holiday Card Door Display

I wanted to find a new way to display our holiday cards this year. I typically keep them in a little basket in our living room and we love looking through them :) This year, I tried something new and it was so incredibly easy, and I had everything that I needed in my craft closet (even better)!

Materials Needed:
- Ribbon
- Tape
- Paperclips or Clothespins 

  • To start, I cut a piece of ribbon long enough to run down the height of our pantry door. 
  • I cut two pieces of clear packing tape, and taped each end of the ribbon tightly on the inside of the door, making sure the ribbon was tight and centered.
  • I tied a bow to add to the top and fastened it with a paperclip that was hidden in the knot of the bow.

That's it! How easy? This is what it looks like with the cards we've received thus far. A suggestion for when you start filling your ribbon with more cards - you can either stagger the photos like shown below (with the clothes pins) or you can add a second strip of ribbon to the door, to display two columns of cards, instead of just one.





Hope that everyone is enjoying their December and that you're taking time to relax a little through all of the busy and craziness! :)

1 comment: