Monday, December 1, 2014

Mason Jar Obsession

I have an unhealthy addiction to mason jars. You'll see them all over my house - used for many different decorations, kitchen accessories and they were also one of the favors from our wedding. I love them!

With the different seasons and different events throughout the year, I like to change up my mason jars often. With the holidays approaching, I gave a few in our living room a facelift while also adding a few new ones to my collection from a few antique shows that I went to over the past few weekends.

I wanted to share a few, and also keep track of what's currently around the house to remember for next winter. I have so many more ideas and crafts for winter that I wanted to do this year - but if I add anymore, I'll run out of space in the house to display them all! :)

The regular sized mason jars below - I've had for a few years. Those are my favorite to spruce up every once in a while with new things. The two mini mason jars I actually found while antiquing with my in-laws a couple of weekends ago. I had a bag of small pieces of tree bark that was left over from our wedding that I used to fill the bottoms of the jars, then added little tea lights  (which while recently cleaning out a few of our closets and craft bins, I found a million of) to the top of them. I picked up the spiced cinnamon sticks from Big Lots a few weeks ago for $2 and they add the perfect scent to the house! I love the way they turned out, and think they add the perfect little wintery/cozy touch to our coffee table in the living room.




This past weekend, Spring Hill Manor (the farm that Eric and I got married at) started their holiday antique show that lasts through Christmas. While Mom, Mema and I were roaming, we came across this XL Mason Jar that had a candle holder on the inside - I love it! I added a little bit of the small bark chips on the bottom, added the candle and it was done! Also pictured is another mini mason jar that I found while antiquing a couple of weekends ago with my in-laws! :)


One of my favorite finds from this past weekend at Spring Hill was this mason jar chandelier. It came with 2 extra large hooks to use to hang from the ceiling, and on the inside, the hooks connect to the candle holder that dangles. I need to find 3 small candle sticks to put on the inside, and then I can't wait to hang this! Also pictured is another black and clear antique mason jar. (You can also see the size difference and how large the chandelier is compared to the normal sized mason jar). I love that it's so big!


Pictured below, is another XL antique mason jar that I found. I had these plastic shatter-proof ornaments from last year that I used to decorate, so I added those to the mason jar and tied a gold bow on top, that I also had  left over from last Christmas. 



I found two of these hobnail mason jars that I fell in love with. While they were on display, they were used as cups for a holiday place setting - and they looked amazing! One day, I'd love to invest in more and try to use them as drinking glasses as well. They are so fun in person! I used one of them on the shelves in our kitchen to hold our straws.



Another antique find that I have in our kitchen is this awesome XL white mason jar. I knew when I saw it that I wanted to use it as a flower vase. I love the way it simplifies a bouquet of flowers! (I'm just realizing that it actually looks pretty small in these pictures - but it looks much larger in person).


























Along with my canisters  that hold my sugar, flour and brown sugar, I have a regular sized mason jar that holds chocolate chips. Every once in a while I like to throw chocolate chips in a baking dish, or in pancakes - so it makes it extremely easy to have right there next to the stove!


Also in our kitchen, I have these jars that I haven't taken down from my fall decorations. The mini mason jar has candy corn it in, and the regular sized jar has mini acorns that I picked up a while ago from Big Lots while they were on clearance. The others that were around the house for fall, I've put away - but these were stragglers that were left over! :)


Because my mason jar obsession has been in full-swing for years, my sister bought me these mason jar drink dispensers for my bridal shower two years ago. I love using them when we host parties or entertain friends and family. Here they are on the little beverage station that we have in our kitchen!



Here is another jar that my sister-in-law, Sharon, actually made for me out of left over materials from a craft day that we had together, and an extra mason jar that I had on hand. I added this one to our TV stand with the burlap garland (DIY instructions here in a previous blog post) - and I love the way it looks!


One of the many other places that we have mason jars in our house, is our bedroom - on one of our dressers. This one was actually a favor that was left over from our wedding (used for drinks), and we use it to throw our spare change in.



Throughout documenting all of these mason jars, I love remembering all the moments and memories that come along with each of them. They all have stories, places, people that I associate them with and along with my obsession with the actual mason jars themselves, I love recalling those memories while looking at them, the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment