Friday, December 26, 2014

Maryland Crab Soup

This has forever been one of my favorite soups! When I came across this recipe last summer, I became obsessed with making it! I've tried multiple versions and put my own twist on each, but I was never happy with any of the recipes that I had found until I came across this one. 

It's extremely easy and so yummy - I hope that you enjoy! :)

Maryland Crab Soup

Ingredients:


1 can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
3 cups water
2 cups beef broth
1 bag of frozen soup vegetables
2 potatoes, cubed
1 onion, cubed
1 lb crab meat 
(claw meat is best to use for soup - and, it's the cheapest too!)
1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
Old Bay Seasoning

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except for the crab meat and Worcestershire Sauce in a large pot on your stove top, and bring to a boil on medium heat. (Note - I quadrupled  this recipe so that I would have a lot to freeze, so if you follow the ingredient list above - your pot will not look as full as this one).


Once your soup is at a boil, reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add your crab meat and Worcestershire Sauce. (Note - I like to wash and drain my crab meat before cooking with it). 


Cover and simmer for 10 more minutes and it's done! (If you have extra time, I'd recommend letting your soup simmer for more time - the longer the better!)

When it's done, you're ready to serve!


I mentioned that I quadrupled my recipe so that I could freeze a bunch, and give some as gifts - here is what my end result was! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment