Friday, December 19, 2014

Three Years!!

Three years already! 


What a crazy ride it has been since everything started in April 2010. When we finally received our Transplant Date of 12/19/2011 - it's been a whirl wind ever since! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our stay at Hopkins! We had the most amazing staff and doctors (not to mention all of the amazing family and friends that came to visit us while we were there - I definitely don't think that they were expecting us to have so many visitors!), not to mention 3 guests sleeping over each night (shout out to Mom, Maddy and Eric!) :)


Thumbs up before surgery - 6 am


The lucky kidney (and my surgeon's initials)!


On my way to see Dad for the first time - 24 hours after surgery


Day 1 :) Finally back together!


Day 2 :)

 


Getting our required walks in at night!



Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner was served like this in the Donor Suite!

Three years without dialysis, three years without sickness, three years full of family and friends, anniversaries, birthdays, grandchildren, marriages, graduations, events... so much! I'm beyond thankful for this day exactly three years ago (it will always be one of my favorites) and I can't imagine being without all of the moments and memories that we've had since then! 

Happy Three Dad, I love you more than you'll ever know!

Dad & I last weekend:



No comments:

Post a Comment