Monday, January 19, 2015

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon

I recently tried brussel sprouts for the first time (haha I know, I know... 26 years old and I'm just now trying brussel sprouts?!) Well - I'm glad I got suckered into trying them because they are amazing! I'm a picky eater and never like trying new things, but brussel sprouts are so easy to make and there's a million ways to dress them up! I used this recipe for my first stab at making them (thank you Pinterest!) and they were amazing!

Ingredients:
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices of bacon, uncooked
- salt and pepper

Clean and trim the brussel sprouts, peeling away any loose or discolored leaves.
Toss your brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl with the olive oil, coating the brussel sprouts well. 
Slice your bacon into half inch pieces.
Place your olive oil coated brussel sprouts in a baking dish.
Add the pieces of bacon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, turning the brussel sprouts over half way through.



Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment