Thursday, January 8, 2015

Shrimp Pasta with Vodka Sauce - in only 15 minutes!

My sister-in-law, Susana gave me this recipe while we were still in college (minus the onion). She had made it one night while I was visiting them in Virginia Beach for a weekend, and I loved it! I remember seeing how easy it was to make and I've been making it ever since!

Four simple ingredients:

- Box of pasta
- Bag of frozen, cooked shrimp 
- 1 jar of vodka sauce
- 1 onion, diced


First, thaw out your shrimp by running them under cold water. 
Once they're soft, you can pop off the tails and rinse them again.


Dab the shrimp dry with a paper towel and place them in a skillet with your diced onion. Cover and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Once this is on the stove, you can start cooking your pasta (boil your water + add in your noodles). I used whole grain angel hair pasta, so it only takes a few minutes to cook once the water starts boiling. 


Add the jar of vodka sauce and some Old Bay seasoning (if you like it) and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.


That's it! Easy enough and you're ready to enjoy!
This recipe yields 5 servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment