Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Homemade Sweet Potato Fries

As everyone knows, I'm super picky with trying new foods, regardless of whether or not I've been around them my entire life! Believe it or not - sweet potatoes are on the list of recently-tried items. (Actually - Sharon if you're reading this, I believe that your baked sweet potatoes were the first I've ever tried!) 

I've never cooked them at home, but loved them and have been wanting to try something new with sweet potatoes - hence, the sweet potato fries recipe you're reading! :)


Ingredients:

3 large Sweet Potatoes
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Old Bay

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Line your baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.

Cut the sweet potatoes in 1/4 inch fries.


Toss fries in olive oil to coat.

Spread fries on your baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and old bay. [Note: this recipe made 2 baking sheets of fries].


Bake for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until the fries are browned.

Serve immediately! :)
The other positive for these fries (besides how great they taste) - they are a healthy side for any summer dish! Win/Win! For dinner, we had these with BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders (click here for my blog post with the slider recipe). It was an easy and delicious meal to prep and make, while working from home today! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment